Join our Granny Square Christmas Crochet-Along today for free and crochet 24 granny squares in the countdown to Christmas. By December you’ll have a selection of beautiful crocheted Christmas-y items to deck the halls with.
2 Christmas Granny Square designs will be released each week (full pattern, chart, and photos sent via email every Wednesday) all of which following the festive theme, each set of instructions will come with an array of ideas of how the granny squares can be molded into different festive decorations too so by December you’ll have an amazing collection of crocheted goodies to enjoy.
Suitable for both beginners and experts in crochet, including comprehensive guidance with every square from art and craft publisher, David & Charles. Each square has been designed by an expert crochet designer with years of experience. Here’s just some of the fantastic crochet designers included:
- Ira Rott, a Canadian crochet designer and author of Crochet Animal Rugs and Crochet Animal Slippers. Ira is known for her fun and colourful designs and considers crochet to be the place that Yarn and Fabric meet FUN! You can see more from Ira (and buy her books if you want to) on her website here: Visit Ira’s Website
- Sarah Shrimpton, better known online as Annaboos House – is the author of Hello Hexie!, The Modern Crochet Bible, Beginner’s Guide to Crochet and Supersize Crochet. Sarah uses fresh contemporary crochet designs to give her followers a fantastic range of projects and patterns to enjoy. If you want to see more from Sarah, you can visit her website here.
- Carla Mitrani, who in 2020 released her bestselling book, Crochet Iconic Women, is also joining the Crochet Along providing 2 fantastic new patterns. Carla is known for her incredible crocheted dolls – bringing life to her creations with their stories (real-life and fictional characters). Carla is known online as amourfou_crochet – you can find her website here.
- Emma Friedlander-Collins – known as SteelandStitch online is the author of Crochet Hacking and co-author of Zero Waste Kitchen and Zero Waste Christmas. Emma is known for her handy hacks to upcycle, reuse and repurpose items with crochet. You can follow Emma on Instagram or find her website here.
And that’s not all, also joining our Granny Square Christmas Crochet Along are:
- Lee Sartori – known for a selection of fantastic crochet books like A Modern Guide to Textured Crochet and Harry Potter Crochet Wizardry Lee is highly experienced and brings a flair of creativity into her modern crochet designs. You can see more of Lee’s work here
- Irene Strange – Irene Strange is best known for her amigurumi designs of wonderful creatures – bright and bold patterns help these creatures stand out from the crowd. You can see Irene’s work here.
- Steffi Glaves – Steffi is the queen of micro crochet. From jewellery to trinkets, badges, necklaces and more, there’s nothing Steffi can’t make in micro-crochet form. Steffi is the author of 100 Micro Crochet Motifs – you can find more from Steffi here.
- Kelly Rule – Kelly is new to the crochet designing world but you wouldn’t know that from seeing her patterns. Bringing a new designer into the mix brings a new perspective to the classic granny square. Watch out for this designer – there’s definitely good things on the way!
- Sandra Gutierrez – Sandra known online as @nomadstitches is known for her striking designs with bright and bold patterns. Sandra has some very exciting plans on the horizon – if you want to see what they could be follow her here.
- Esme Crick – Master of mosaic crochet Esme is releasing her new book “Mosaic Crochet Workshop” soon which is set to be one of the biggest crochet titles of the year. You can pre-order Esme’s book here or find out more about her on Instagram here.
- Caitie Moore – Caitie is a co-author of 3D Granny Squares, from which this CAL includes many designs from. Caitie’s designs are full of personality, easy to follow, and perfect for any occasion. You can find out more about Caitie here.
Our Crochet Along is in aid of the British Heart Foundation this year, their tireless work to end heartbreak for everyone is truly inspiring. To support this CAL they have provided some handy heart tips with each weeks’ patterns so you can crochet your way to a healthier heart. Our Crochet Along is free to join and comes with 24 patterns, (2 released each week) all including charts and ways to turn them into the most beautiful of Christmas decorations. From bunting to tree decorations, toy boxes, jumper motifs, coasters and more there’s no end to the creativity when a granny square is involved. Plus, you can share your Granny Square Christmas creations with us on social media using #CAL4BHF – we’ll even share some of our favourites here on our website and our socials.
Pop your details in the form below to join our CAL and you’ll start receiving the patterns from September 6th 2021! The Crochet Along is completely free to join, but if you’d like to make a small donation to the British Heart Foundation in return for the free patterns you can do so here: Donate to the British Heart Foundation