“We” or “us” means David and Charles Ltd (registered company number 12094811).
Our registered address is Woodwater House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom, EX2 5WR.
“Website” means davidandcharles.com.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under number ZA536753.
If you wish to contact us, please click here Contact Us.
What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a type of data file that is stored on your device when you visit a website or perform actions while visiting a website. A cookie file contains information that is transferred to your device’s memory which is recalled when you revisit our site, or when you perform certain actions on your device. Where we refer to a cookie in this policy, this incorporates similar tracking technologies.
When you first visit our website, we only use necessary cookies. This means that additional cookies (called “Optional Cookies” in this policy) won’t be used unless you agree to accept/enable all cookies, or select your own cookie preferences.
Optional cookies are used for analytical, performance, advanced functionality and advertising purposes. More information is set out in this policy. Optional cookies help us improve our website and we believe accepting all optional cookies provides you with the best user experience.
Cookies can be “First Party”, i.e. set by us, or “Third Party”, i.e. placed on your device by another organisation when you visit our website. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by an organisation providing a service to us or by our business partners, so that they can advertise products and services to you on our website and elsewhere on the internet. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies stored from other websites; nor can other organisations access the data in the cookies we use on our website.
Changing your preferences
You can select to accept/enable some or all of the optional cookies either within the settings of your own device or by selecting the option provided on our website.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies should expire when you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire after a set period or are deleted. For each of the cookies used on our website we have set out the duration in the tables below.
The Cookies we use on our website
Necessary Cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow page navigation or enable you to access certain areas of our website. Our website cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary Cookies can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences but doing so may result in reduced or limited functionality of our website. In some circumstances our website may cease to function as intended if necessary cookies are disabled, deleted or otherwise altered. We do not accept any liability for any loss arising where necessary cookies are disabled, deleted or otherwise altered. We use the following necessary cookies:
- JSESSIONID: Preserves users states across page requests for form completion. Session.
- zfccn: Ensures visitor browsing security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor. Session.
We need to obtain your consent to use Optional cookies; this is usually by way of a pop-up notice. As set out in this policy, you can change your preference at any time.
Advanced functionality, Analytics and Performance
We use advanced functionality cookies to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We use analytical/performance cookies to enable us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors use our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We would like to use the following optional advanced functionality, analytics and performance cookies:
- _ga: Registers a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. 2 years.
- _gat: Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. 1 day.
- _gid:Registers a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. 1 day.
- collect: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. Session.
We and third parties want to display adverts that we think are relevant to you. In order to do so we need your consent to use advertising cookies. Even if you do not accept our advertising cookies, where you have accepted advertising cookies on another website they may remain active on our website. [You can configure the advertisement vendors that place cookies on your device using the preference tool on our website. This only applies if you allow granular control over advertisement cookies]
We use the following advertising cookies:
- d18efd344f: Collects information on user preferences and international with erb content. Used to promote relevant events or products. Session.
- GPS: Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical location. 1 day.
- IDE: Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report user actions after viewing or clicking on advertising. 1 year.
- r/collect: Used to send data to Google Analytics about a visitor’s device and behaviour. Session
- test_cookie: Used to check if the browser supports cookies. 1 day.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: Tries to estimate user’s bandwidth on pages with video content. 179 days.
- YSC: Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube have been viewed. Session.
- yt-remote-cast-installed; yt-remote-connected-devices; yt-remote-fast-check-period; yt-remote-session-app; yt-remote-session-name: All Store users embedded video player preferences. Session.
- yt-remote-device-id: Stores users embedded video player preferences. Persistent