Sew bold, modern landscape quilts inspired by wide open spaces with this collection of patterns for every quilter.
Modern Landscape Quilts takes you on a journey with 14 original scenic projects inspired by the great outdoors. From the mountains to the beach, each easy-to-piece pictorial landscape design features a mini companion project for an even faster make.
Illustrated step-by-step instructions and skill-building patchwork piecing methods, along with a detailed guide on how to construct a quilt from start to finish, make it a perfect all-in-one reference book for confident beginners and beyond.
This book features:
– Seven minimalist landscape themes with two designs each for a total of 14 quilt projects.
– Clear and concise instructions to piece, sew and trim fundamental quilt blocks.
– Dedicated chapters explaining how to quilt by machine or by hand.
– Tips for efficient sewing as well as simple tricks to avoid common patchwork piecing issues.
– Easy-to-follow instructions to create a wall hanging or pillow cover.
The opening section includes a quick and comprehensive guide on understanding fabrics, choosing colors, and preparing fabrics for accurate cutting. Plus, bonus tips are provided to adapt some of the quilt patterns into other usable works of art. Machine quilting, along with in-depth tutorials on hand quilting and binding, allow makers to choose their destination on how to complete the projects in this book.
Quilt designer and author, Donna McLeod, provides a versatile selection of time-conscious projects inspired by the diverse landscapes of California. Travel from the river to the woodlands in comfort at the flip of a page. Lots of the photography was done in the locations that inspired some of the designs in the book, inviting you to take photographs of your own Modern Landscape Quilts in the wild.